Ten things that I would change about my life.
Since I think it’s weird that this is the last question (Waaaaaay to end on a positive note) and it’s almost Christmas, I’m just going to go with a cliche. Bear with me here, folks.
I don’t think I would change anything about my life right now. I like who I am and the people I’m close to, and though my life would probably be “better” if I could change minor details or aspects of my own personality, I don’t think I would. I don’t want to. Instead of dwelling on the things that would be lovely, but impossible, to change, I’m going to focus on liking where I am instead and changing myself if I’m not liking who I’ve become.
Ten things I wouldn’t change about my life.
- My school. I’m really, really fortunate to have found Alma! It’s actually kind of perfect for me, and I never would have realized it had it not been for a few isolated events.
- My family. Sometimes I can’t stand them, but I would never change them. Their faults have let me discover my own values and their strengths enable mine to evolve. Besides, I wouldn’t be myself without them.
- My personality. For the most part, I like myself. I can be obnoxious and too loud or too awkward, but that isn’t all of who I am.
- My values. Some of them may be a little too loose, and others too uptight, but I don’t think I’d change them anyway.
- My aspirations. Even though I don’t know exactly where I want to be in ten years, I have a vague idea. As long as I’m happy doing whatever it is I’m doing, I will be satisfied.
- My positivity. I feel like everything always works out for the best, and life will always get better if you’re ever in a rough place. I always keep in mind that many, many other people have much worse lives, and my petty concerns don’t come close to legitimate worries.
- My over-thinking. Okay, it’s kind of a pain in the butt sometimes, but I really like dwelling on everything. I’d rather be this way than the alternative.
- My ability to let go. I’m very good at determining my breaking point and when it’s time to let go of something or someone. Other people have issues with this, and I’m glad that I don’t.
- My practicality. A friend recently listed me as one of the most intelligent people she knows because of my common sense. I pride myself on this.
- My friends. I would never, ever change my friends. I love them more than words can say and I couldn’t imagine my life without all of them. <3
… I couldn’t help ending that on a cheesy note. =) Besides, it is almost Christmas!
Ten things about myself.
- I am fiercely loyal to my friends. There are a few people currently on my list to verbally punch in the face.
- I swear a lot to myself, and no one expects it out of me.
- I do not lead a charmed life by any means. People always assume that happy people must have perfectly happy lives. That is false. I have my own struggles, but I prefer cheerfulness to wallowing.
- I love making people laugh. I feed off of other people’s energy and my most embarrassing situations occur when I say something stupid and it’s dead silent.
- I am an internal perfectionist. My room may be a mess and I may not keep everything neat and tidy, but I hate the thought of someone inevitably being annoyed with me, even if it’s only for a moment.
- On the other hand, I am headstrong and speak my mind, for the most part. If I feel passionately about something, it doesn’t matter what other people think about me.
- I am easily flattered and love attention, but sometimes it overwhelms me. I’ve discovered that there is a fine line between being appreciative and being obsessive.
- It is an insult to ask me more than once if I’m “Okay”. I pride myself on my high pain tolerance and ability to not talk about my own problems all of the time. I’d rather be called crazy for not accepting help than asked a million times if I’m “sure”.
- I call myself a cynic, but I’m a romantic at heart. It just depends on my mood and the people I’m with. I’m trying my best to get over it.
- I save every written thing that is important to me, whether it be an E-mail, card, facebook conversation, text, or anything else. I read them over, and over again. My favorite thing is dwelling on sweet sentiments, and I selfishly love knowing that I am valued.
Ten annoying things.
- The way that I can’t stop obsessing over the smallest things.
- People that post things on tumblr and then bitch about people “Invading their private life” (This person does not follow me anymore, so if you’re reading this then it is not you)
- People that are horrified when people link their tumblr through facebook.
- The fact that I link my tumblr through facebook. I am aware that it is really obnoxious, but sometimes friends or relatives who don’t have tumblrs read my posts and enjoy them. So…. Yup.
- The way that I am losing my mind very quickly.
- The way that I could totally do five pirouettes a few years ago and now I can barely do two. This makes me upset.
- The way that I feel like I’m losing myself and how I can’t decide if it’s good or bad.
- The way that everything I say ends up sounding far more dramatic than it actually is.
- How I overreact to almost everything.
Ten people that can make me laugh anytime.
- Michelle! I love her and whenever we’re together I pretty much just laugh. She makes me HAPPY.
- Lauren! We’ve been having some pretty hilarious facebook conversations lately. They get pretty intense.
- My other friend, Lauren. From school! She is hilarious. I don’t even know what else to say. =)
- Ammmmmyyy! Pretty much any conversation we have will result in laughter, even if it’s a sad one.
- Hilary! She crazy. We always find something to laugh about.
- Makena. I love our conversations. All the time.
- Brianna. We are basically the same person sometimes. =D Plus, whenever we watch the Bachelor we just can’t stop laughing.
- Joey. Ha. Every concept is taken to extreme hilarity, which pretty much just makes me laugh a lot.
- Annnna! Michelle’s sister Anna… oh my goodness. She is ridiculous! “CHOPSTICKS!!!!”
- Hannah. She still surprises me sometimes with what she says! I will never forget the butt-smacking during Honey, if you love me. That was priceless.
Ten incidents that have happened over the year.
- Standing in my bath towel in front of a cop with my dinosaur oatmeal in the microwave and the door wide open.
- The time I accidentally locked myself on my room three times in the same day because I kept forgetting not to shut my door.
- All the times I’ve said stupid stuff. Which happens a lot. And I can’t remember anything specific right now.
- The time I dropped my wallet in the snow and a solicitor rang my doorbell and gave it to my Mom. This was yesterday.
- The time I forgot to delete a few text messages before someone, I think, read them. x_x
- One time I left my retainers at school while coming home for a three-week break. I AM DUMB.
- The time I put the sentence, “While the hype of a typical fad might inflate the place, the organic food craze does not seem to be just another meaningless ploy. ” I have nothing to say for myself here.
- All of the times in which I lock eyes with a person I don’t want to see and that proceed to swear and duck for cover, while still making eye-contact with said person.
- The time I fell on my butt three times over two days of Fame rehearsal. My tailbone hurt for a little while, but it still makes me laugh.
- We’ll just save this one for incidents to come, because the year is not quite over yet!
Also, I can’t think of anything else.
Ten of my flaws.
- I use honesty as a crutch for my mistakes. For example, I will say “It was really immature, but…” and just rest on the fact that at least I admitted I was being immature. It still doesn’t justify my actions, but I feel like it does.
- Overanalyzing/Day dreaming. I day dream way too much, and it’s gotten a lot worse at college! I get lost in my own head so easily that I zone out a lot. Overanalyzing is a problem; it makes me paranoid.
- I’m pretty obnoxious. I say a lot of stupid stuff and then I keep talking on and on about the same things. Feel free to tell me to shut up and I won’t be offended!
- I don’t know what to say in a lot of situations, leaving me awkwardly mumbling. I should probably stop that.
- I am patient, but I have a hot temper at the same time. Especially at home, I usually let my temper get the better of me. Then I feel stupid afterwards.
- I posted a Cyanide and Happiness comic a while back about “Practical Man.” That is me. Sometimes I see no use in trying to help someone because they are inevitably going to be themselves.
- I am incredibly nosey. This goes along with butting into things that aren’t my business, but I feel the need to add my input anyway.
- I usually make a fool of myself over stupid things that I should know, but forget. I haven’t been so great at b.s.-ing my way through these mistakes lately. Whoops.
- Confidence is an issue for me, but only sometimes. If I’m in my environment and in a fantastic mood, I am very sure of myself. Anywhere else, I just fake it. Or try. Once again, I’ve been pretty bad at faking it lately.
- I am a mean person. I really am. I like stirring up trouble and I enjoy confrontations because I think they’re hilarious. Granted, these only occur if I really dislike someone and that isn’t too often. Most of the time, I’m pretty nice.
Ten of my best friends.
I do not like this question, but here are ten people that I like a lot.
In no particular order…
- Amy SPITZ. And it’s her Birthday! <3
- Lauren Drew
Ten of my wishes.
- I never want to lose my me. I never want to hear the words, “You’ve changed so much.” That would be fulfilling a horrible cliche. Maybe it’s unproductive to want to keep (most of) my flaws, but I want to maintain myself.
- I wish I will find something that I love doing and that I’ll never tired of it. Whether it involves dance or writing or event planning, I will find something that I love.
- I want to hold onto the friendships that are worth maintaining. Which is.. everyone I’m friends with right now. =)
- I would like a lovely wedding. Something uncommonly perfect in a location that is uniquely “me”/”us” with the most fitting dress and my favorite people. Something that I will never mutilate into overanalyzed pieces. /Girly cheesiness
- I am hoping that I will go through with what I envision in my head as being perfect.
- I wish wasn’t so inherently cynical.
- I wish to find my motivation again! … Again! Seriously, where does it always go and why do I always lose it?
- I wish that life would continue to go along as it is right now, because I’m pretty satisfied.
- I wish that some of my awkward tendencies would go away. More importantly, I wish I knew what to say at the right times.
- I wish that I could find a balance between people pleasing and my actual feelings. Sometimes it’s a little hard to decipher. That being said, I’m a lot happier when other people are happy… unless I severely dislike them. In which case, I am likely to be extremely immature about it.
Ten things I can do best at.
That is a weird way to phrase that. Here are ten strengths.
- Editing Papers- I love editing. I might not be able to help you with citations, but I can help with misused commas and other grammatical errors.
- Organizing people/events- I like planning out events and what not, hence the communications major I’m going for.
- Ballet- Okay, I may not be the best dancer in the world, but I am good at pushing myself through classes to improve. I’m pretty proud of how far I’ve come!
- Being snappy with petty Internet Wars- If you put something stupid up on facebook or tumblr, I am likely to attack you on it. I am not mature enough not to.
- Overanalyzing everything- I’m a master of overanalyzing. If you ever need to pick apart every detail of an event until it’s so misconstrued and paranoia-inducing that it doesn’t even make sense within the context anymore, I am fabulous at it.
- Keeping conversation light- I don’t like to complain unless I’m not serious about it. Therefore, I’m pretty decent at keeping people happy.
- Pilates- I’m pretty sweet at pilates. … Yup.
- Being awkward- I’m really good at just standing there and smiling when I don’t know what else to say. Other people find me to be a little socially awkward, but I rarely feel awkward myself.
- Philosophical Conversation- I like talking about topics that no one will ever fully understand. It might end up being frustrating enough to give me a headache, but I think it’s worth it.
- Musicality- I’d like to think that I have a pretty good sense of musicality when it comes to ballet stuff. I’d also like to think that I can sing pretty well. My voice is not made for solos, but I love small ensembles or blending with a choir. Yay for music.
Ten objects I don’t go a day without.
- My Computer- It’s bad. I just constantly creep.
- My phone- It is my security blanket.
- Tights- Honestly, I have them on right now and I didn’t even actually go to ballet.
- Music/Pandora- I love using music to keep me motivated.
- My toothbrush- Pretty self-explanatory, but I am a fan of my toothbrush.
- Deodorant- I am also a fan of my deodorant.
- Bobby pins!- If I don’t use bobby pins at some point in the day, it’s a pretty weird day.
- My keys/lanyard- I definitely use my keys all the time… wherever I go.
- Mascara- Unless I’m feeling supersuperSUPER lazy, I pretty much always wear mascara.
- Chapstick!!- I enjoy not having chapped lips. It’s a good time.
*Honorable Mention* I have an addiction to lip plumper. It doesn’t even DO anything, but I like cinnamon extract.
I am really weird.
Ten songs I can’t stop listening to.
- Can’t -Alan Lastufka and Tom Milsom
- We no speak Americano- Yolanda Be Cool
- Baby, it’s cold outside- Pretty much any version
- Summer of ‘09- All Caps
- Animal- Neon Trees
- Rhythm of Love- Plain White T’s
- Breakdown- Jack Johnson
- Apres Moi- Regina Spektor
- On the Radio- Regina Spektor
- Sweet Disposition- Temper Trap
Ten relatives I love being with.
This is a little tough, just because I’m super awkward around all of my relatives. There are definitely a few I miss right now!
- My Aunt Kathy. She’s so funny!
- My Uncle Brett. … Pretty much the same reason as my Aunt. =)
- My little cousin Tori. She’s CRAZY. She has type 1 Diabetes and she’s a firecracker in spite of it all. I admire her…. even if she’s a pest sometimes
- My sister. For the most part, or at least if we’re both in good moods, she’s a nut. In a good way.
- My Mom is always good for girl-talk. xD Even if we just end up saying the same things over and over for hours.
- My Dad is pretty awkward. He’s pretty cool when he’s not on the phone or texting.
- + 8, 9, and 10. My Grandparents. We don’t always see eye to eye, but they’re pretty funny sometimes… and they always have the best stories about my parents. =)